So, you have a company… and that company has social media accounts. Someone complains, someone asks a question, someone compliments you on a recent image. What do you do? How do you respond to each? Do you even respond to each? Your head is spinning and you have come to the right place.
1. Respond – Respond to questions with the correct answer or direct them to someone who can. Respond to negativity with Stop Drop Roll and thank people for their kind words. No, you do not need to respond to every person who comments on your social sites but be personable and show that you care. When you respond, people feel heard and will feel like you have connected.
2. Spam – Do not do it. If you reach out to people, don’t reach out to everyone and their dog. Be specific about what you are reaching out to them about and address them by name. This also counts for auto-responders to Twitter Followers.
3. Everything lives Forever – Be sure that each post you put up aligns with your companies ethics and brand. Put yourself in your customers shoes, would they be interested in what you are putting up?
4. Tags – Use a couple of hashtags at most. Never exceed three and be sure they make sense. “#ilovemyorangecatphonecase” does not make sense. It needs to broad, something other people will use and search. Tag your posts appropriately.
5. Don’t ask people to review you on a social site. There are two types of people, people who write online reviews and people who don’t. When you ask someone outright they may be put off. Place a “Find us on Yelp” or “Review us (HERE)” sign. That way people know it is available and will do it on their own free will.
6. DO NOT BUY LIKES. It does nothing for your business. It is better to have a small group of true followers and customers than wasted money on a large group of likes from a country where you don’t even sell your product.
Hope this helps!